As usual my luvlies, in no particular order:
1. It’s hotter than the last hot thing on planet hot. I had to use one of my life hacks from last summer. Quite dangerous. Probably wouldn’t advise it.
2. It rained for about eight seconds this week, and average temp has been 29c (84f).
3. I brunched this week. I mean, I actually left the house and the safety of my fans and ice packs, and brunched.
4. Cat fountain is a success. My girl cat is actually using it instead of walking by in disgust. I did a little happy dance.
5. Learn something new every day I always say… today I learned how to rip a DVD. Sounds scary doesn’t it. Copying them all to a removable hard drive – so that I can reclaim another closet.
6. This week I boiled 12 eggs. Now when my head’s in the fridge I can grab one. Win, cos it ain’t sugar and it ain’t carbs.
7. You probably all know about my cosmetic stuff this week. Aftercare is pretty easy: wash with soap twice a day, don’t touch your face and keep your hands clean in case you do. I’m using clinique soap as it doesn’t dry your face or smell ‘soapy’. Used it for twenty years or more. My secret staple. Bruises have almost gone.
8. Mask of the week this week. Well, it’s really a dislike – Garnier Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask. Getting the mask on to my fat face and anchoring on to the ears, ain’t happening. I broke one of the ear hoops. The thing has some weird nose-flaps which close over your nostrils when you breathe-in. Almost triggered a panic attack. Leaves a slimy residue on your face. Fine if that floats your boat, but I looked like a gimp. First and last time for sheet masks, thank-you-very-much.
9. I had my first “coaching” session to quit smoking this week from an addiction therapist. Still a scary thought, sound ridiculous, don’t I?
10. Quote of the week from my Master Practitioner in Mindfulness course:
“Be where you are; otherwise, you will miss your life.”
How was YOUR week?