This time of year fills me with a sudden desire to get angry at my drawers and start de-cluttering. I also get angry at Mary-fucking-Poppins and the standards she so nonchalantly chucked out there in 1964.
I try and be “together” and organised but in reality, I get up at 5.30, feed my cats, put some slap on and go to WORK. When I get home I don’t slip into domestic bliss. I’m too tired. Last night I stirred my chamomile tea with a lip-gloss. No de-cluttering on the cards there.
But, this morning after unrolling myself from a super-king-size ‘It’s the weekend’ caterpillar, I had a few leisurely coffees (amusingly this Limited Edition Coffee was called HueHueTenango from Guatemala) and did some ‘stuff’. Cut grass, cleared small corpse-cat-gifts from my patio, and drank some more weeweetingaga.
Then I attacked my drawers. So the ‘my week in list form’ consists of the sum of my de-cluttering – what I chucked out in the last ten minutes.
- 8 pairs of black leggings (I kept two)
- Four belts (I haven’t worn a belt since 1982)
- A red scarf/glove/beanie set (I have red hair so really, this never gonna happen)
- Several scarves
- Five cardigans (last worn 1998, probably)
- Several teeshirts from multi-packs where the third shade was ‘light wtf blergh’.
- Three pairs of pyjamas last worn 2003 (I know because I lived in hotels around then)
- Several flowery, printy blouses and whatnot from my ‘trying to be a girly girl’ phase (2010)
- A fricken bikini (1992 was the only and last time I wore one of those)
What I kept was pretty impressive and jolly sensible. My challenge later will be to bag the stuff up without giving anything a 48576th chance.
‘Oh…maybe I will wear that…’
What’s in YOUR Drawers?
Samantha is a well-liked Life Coach, specializing in self-esteem and body image with qualifications in Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Skilled Helping. She speaks on several panels around the internet in this regard.
Samantha Dee is the Author of ‘My Big Fat…Fat’ and ‘The Thirty Day Wellness Journal’. Her next book, ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’ is due out soon.
I have just finished my block booking with Sam, I have learnt so much about myself over the weeks and Sam has given me the tools to continue with the new positive me. Sam is an amazing person and I would recommend her to anyone.
24th February 2019
Samantha is an incredible genuine, passionate person who has help me get clarity as to the next steps towards my goals. Samantha gave me space to talk through what was important, urgent and doable which has helped me formulate a personal short term plan.I would recommend Samantha to anyone who is struggling to get from where they are now to where they want to b in life.
12th November 2018