As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
1. You know you’re old when you marvel that your lawn mower has four different cutting heights.
2. This week I got to a major fork in the road. I turned down two job offers this week. In a terrifying turn of events, I’ve decided to write books, train as a counselor and run my little I.T business from home. Scary but exhilarating. Go team! (me).
3. Spent a couple of days at my aunties beach home, with two aunties. Meditated, slept, gossiped. Was pretty great. Driving there and back was interesting though. With age goes the sharp sense of direction I used to have. Pretty soon I won’t be able to find my way out of a wet paper bag.
4. ‘My Big Fat…Fat’ is FREE on kindle until Monday!
5. Burning all your DVDs to a hard drive to de-clutter, is mind-bendingly boring.
6. Spiders. I almost got to the point where I tolerated them. I let a couple go last year, and even let a spider live in my fireplace, as long as he doesn’t try and claim my house. This year he’s grown so big he was sat on my sofa reading the paper last night. So I killed him with a very large book. I have my limits. No Daily Mail readers in my house thankyouverymuch.
7. Mask of the week this week is a real cheap one. A tea-tree peel off mask from the drugstore. I think it was about £4. I rarely use peelies because they feel like they’re stripping a layer off my mug. Brilliant though, if you’ve got an occasional oily nose. Plus, you know, I like the peeling part!
8. In an attempt to remind me that I am primarily a cat-servant, girl-cat went off her food for a few days. I think it’s because I’ve been out, you know, living, for the odd day here and there. Duly noted, Willow, ma’am.
9. First world problems and all, but the layer of dust-crap my car gets just by being parked is not fair. The guys at the car wash are beginning to think I’m a creepy stalking person. Well, maybe I am stalking. Stalkers need love too. Stalking.
Quote of the week:
How was YOUR week?
If you like my author blog, you’ll love my book! Buy my book here – support your funny and beautiful indie authors!