As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
1. Getting interviewed by someone you’ve previously worked with for years and who is on your Facebook friends list, is super weird.
2. Temperatures have cooled this week, and I have slept like the last rock thing on planet rock. (Of course, being British, we’ll be complaining about the cold in no time).
3. Whoever doesn’t like peeling vast sheets of skin off their feet is a weirdo in my opinion. I’ve been whooping like a seven-year-old all week! Feet soft like a baby’s butt. Oh yeah.
4. Quite interested in this “Korean skin care” craze at the moment. Ten-step cleansing routines and all that – for that ‘Glass Skin’ look. What I’ve decided is, that it’s a bit of a myth. Lets say you try the routine, twice a day, it means you are massaging your face for about twenty minutes a day. It’s THAT which improves your skin in my opinion. What do you think?
5. I almost bungled a job interview with a Company by referring to theirs as another Company altogether. Luckily my spade is large, and I dug myself out of that one.
6. Mask of the week this week? Well there’s been two. Not that I don’t have enough masks or anything but you know me. Last week, I bought SIXTEEN. Yep, you heard right. During my Korean skin-care research, I found that they sell masks in bulk! These were £12.50 on Amazon (0.78p each!) Korean skin care recommends a mask twice a week, so this week I’ve used the ‘Red Wine’ one, and the ‘Rose’ one.
Pleasant, cooling, and leaves your skin soft. I mean, nothing earth-moving but yeah, I think they’re well worth it. I’ve put them in the fridge.
7. My fridge is fast beginning to look like some kind of spa fridge – masks, gels, prosecco, champers. Pyjama party girlies? come on over. I have bean-bags.
8. I weighed myself for the second time this year. Turns out I’m the same as I was in January (44 lbs down). Fine by me. More important is to be positive and confident (i.e. practice not giving a shit what other people think). I really like ME at the moment.
9. Learned a lot this week about Cortisol (the stress hormone). It’s pretty scary, you know. It’s created by the Adrenal Gland – which only has an “On” switch i.e. that stress is accumulative, it doesn’t ‘go away’. This means that, if you were stressed over something five years ago, you’re still carrying it now. Fascinating eh? I think this might deserve its own post when I’ve concluded.
Quote of the week:
How was YOUR week?
If you like my author blog, you’ll love my book! Buy my book here – support your funny and beautiful indie authors!