Axes and Powder Puffs…
As usual my luvlies, in no particular order:
1. On the endless rock-n-roll roller-coaster that is my life, I’ve exited my house TWICE this week, once to put the garbage out. I know, take some deep breaths, the ‘shivering-with-excitement’ will abate.
2. I ate breakfast everyday this week, as opposed to coffee and cigarettes. I know I know, get off me about it.
3. Question of the week: How is it £90.00 for a bag of chopped up wood? Assuming it takes about 15 minutes to hand-chop and the logger works for six hours a day with an hour break, heck, lets say two hours – that’s £1440.00 a day. RIGHT! Amazon, show me the axes!!
4. Dexter the boy-cat is extra cuddly this week. He stands on my lap and headbutts me while I’m typing. Get off me, you handsome teddy fur-ball-87ysne7;havpuiw9-9
5. Oh! I decided to not eat meat anymore. It’s been a long time coming, but the last straw was eating a pre-made salad last week with bacon in it and biting down on a chunk of pig fat. Gag fest 2018. ‘Scuse my french, but it was fucking hideous. Not long after, my sister phoned me and asked what I wanted for Christmas dinner this year (we are eating out this year). So I told her, “Vegetarian-everything…… and CAKE.”
6. Last year I made some ‘how-to’ coding videos (’cause that’s how I be rollin’) This week I had need to do some coding. So I had to watch my own videos in order to remember this particular thing. It was…odd. Several times I thought to myself, ‘I didn’t know I knew that. What else don’t I know that I know?’ – I know, right. Deep.
7. Mask of the week this week is one I decided to try again: GlamGlow Thirsty Mud as I wasn’t all that impressed the first time – but I thought I’d give it another go. Just to be fair ya know? Its still £0.52p per gram. It smells like your Granny’s talcum powder flouffer – you know, the one with the great big feather puff in a pink plastic pot. It says to apply it, leave for ten minutes and then either wipe off or rub it in. (I might have rinsed it off last time, I can’t remember).
“Okay, Google, give me a ten minute timer,”
8. I’ve been invited recently to talk on a video-panel about subjects covered in my book and I’m enjoying it immensely. Mostly, I’ve been practicing muting my mic before I toot; something I seem to be doing a lot of lately on account of chick peas and flax seeds.
9. You know you’re old when you replace saying ‘Now, what did I come in here for?’ with ‘Now, what did I stand up for?’
10. Quote of the week from my Mindfulness Master Practitioner course: