As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
1 – Eighty-four degrees F for the past couple of days, which means I’ve retreated into the closet under the stairs. The perfect place to blog, let me tell you.
2 – More Facebook Marketplace fun this week:
- Me – “Brand new, still in box, £80 no offers (£120RRP)”
- Buyer – “Love this, but my budget is £40”
- Me – “…..”
The response possibilities are endless. “Come on big nose, lets haggle.”
3 – Another few thousand words done this week. Could have been a few thousand more but I was writing ‘Writer’s Block Wednesday’… and faffing about on Twitter. I faff a lot, you know. More tea, Vicar?
4 – Who knew Accountants could be so much fun? Observe:
- Me: “Here’s all my 2018 sheets, let me know what my corporation tax is going to be for year end 2018.”
- Accountant (yesterday): “Looks like it’s going to be £n,nnn. I’ll get everything finished up and let you know where to pay it.”
- Accountant (today): “Here you are. £NN,NNN payable by end August.”(six times more)
- Me: “WHAT.THE.ACTUAL.FFFFFFFF”
- Accountant: “Oops, slip of the pen, it’s £n,nnn. teehee.”
- Me: Stops dialing the Real Estate Agents.
5 – It’s the season for those little sticky seeds. Willow cat has found where they grown and has rolled around. They’re in her feet, they’re up her nose (not really), in her tail, in her pits. I’ve been picking them out of her fur for days. There’s something oddly satisfying about it, actually. And by fur I mean FUR.
6 – I had a glass of wine with my dinner the other day. Now, I’m not much of a drinker at all. Used to be, mind you. But I tend not to drink alone. Since my life is such a roller-coaster at the moment, I don’t need any more humps. But you know, it’s noteworthy I suppose that I managed to just have one. If I was with friends though, well, that’s a bit of a different story – or at least it used to be. It was Rose, don’t ya know. Ooooh, get me, Hyacinth Bucket.
7 – De-cluttering has become an every day thing. This week I discover I have eight toothbrushes. I spent an hour choosing two (in addition to my Philips jobbie), and chucking the rest. I think I just kept ordering new ones and not chucking the old ones. Anyway, next!
8 – Having another few days in deepest darkest Somerset next week for my Birthday. It’s so nice to have somewhere to go to get of this roller-coaster isn’t it? where do you go?
9. Don’t forget, the kindle version of ‘My Big Fat…Fat’ is free for the next four Fridays.
10 – Quote of the week:
How was YOUR week?
If you like my author blog, you’ll love my book! Buy my book here – support your funny and beautiful indie authors!