COMPETITION/PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to competitions (“Competition”) featuring in any Samantha Dee publications and/or on any Samantha Dee Internet sites unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Samantha Dee reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Samantha Dee’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the relevant Promotions department of the publication in which the competition appeared.
3. Employees of Samantha Dee or any associated company of Samantha Dee and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, newsagents, wholesalers & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
4. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Samantha Dee reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
5. Samantha Dee reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
6. There is no purchase requirement to enter this Competition. There is no charge to register with a Samantha Dee website, if registration (or ‘Likes’) are required as part of the entry process.
7. Prize winners will be chosen at random by the software bearing this competition, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date. In all matters, the decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
8. Prize winners will be notified by email or Facebook. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the Samantha Dee publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
9. A delivery address must be supplied.
10. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Samantha Dee reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
11. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Samantha Dee and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
12. Samantha Dee cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting or receiving delivery of any prize. Samantha Dee is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Samantha Dee’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
13. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Samantha Dee reserves the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
14. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Samantha Dee for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Samantha Dee to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
15. By providing Samantha Dee with your personal data you consent to Samantha Dee transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Samantha Dee does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
16. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.