My Big Fat Blog: As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
1. On the endless rock-n-roll roller-coaster that is my life, I’ve exited my house TWICE this week, once to put the garbage out. I know, take some deep breaths, the ‘shivering-with-excitement’ will abate.
2. I ate breakfast everyday this week, as opposed to coffee and cigarettes. I know I know, get off me about it.
3. Question of the week: How is it £90.00 for a bag of chopped up wood? Assuming it takes about 15 minutes to hand-chop and the logger works for six hours a day with an hour break, heck, lets say two hours – that’s £1440.00 a day. RIGHT! Amazon, show me the axes!!
4. Dexter the boy-cat is extra cuddly this week. He stands on my lap and headbutts me while I’m typing. Get off me, you handsome teddy fur-ball-87ysne7;havpuiw9-9
5. Oh! I decided to not eat meat anymore. It’s been a long time coming, but the last straw was eating a pre-made salad last week with bacon in it and biting down on a chunk of pig fat. Gag fest 2018. ‘Scuse my french, but it was fucking hideous. Not long after, my sister phoned me and asked what I wanted for Christmas dinner this year (we are eating out this year). So I told her, “Vegetarian-everything…… and CAKE.“
6. Last year I made some ‘how-to’ coding videos (’cause that’s how I be rollin’) This week I had need to do some coding. So I had to watch my own videos in order to remember this particular thing. It was…odd. Several times I thought to myself, ‘I didn’t know I knew that. What else don’t I know that I know?’ – I know, right. Deep.
7. Mask of the week this week is one I decided to try again: GlamGlow Thirsty Mud as I wasn’t all that impressed the first time – but I thought I’d give it another go. Just to be fair ya know? Its still £0.52p per gram. It smells like your Granny’s talcum powder flouffer – you know, the one with the great big feather puff in a pink plastic pot. It says to apply it, leave for ten minutes and then either wipe off or rub it in. (I might have rinsed it off last time, I can’t remember).
“Okay, Google, give me a ten minute timer,”
8. I’ve been invited recently to talk on a video-panel about subjects covered in my book and I’m enjoying it immensely. Mostly, I’ve been practicing muting my mic before I toot; something I seem to be doing a lot of lately on account of chick peas and flax seeds.
9. You know you’re old when you replace saying ‘Now, what did I come in here for?’ with ‘Now, what did I stand up for?’
Quote of the week:
How was YOUR week?
About Samantha Dee, Author and Writer
Samantha Dee is the Author of ‘My Big Fat…Fat’ and ‘The Thirty Day Wellness Journal’. Her next book, ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’ is due out soon.
When not writing books and blogging in her comedy lifestyle blog My Big Fat Blog, Samantha uses her twenty year tech career and has written several online courses for business startups.
She lives in Hampshire with her two cats and is still waiting for Gerard Butler to call. Learn more: