My Big Fat Blog: As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
Well well well, the last Friday before Christmas!
1. With December comes a feeling that you’re surrounded by chocolate. Well actually, it’s not a feeling, it’s a damn reality. This year items crossing my desk include: Fortnum & Mason truffles, Quality Street, Celebrations, Orange Smarties and a whole host of other chocolate things.
2. Been reflecting a bit this week, while on my epic drives into work. This year I’ve been thinking a lot about Christmas when Mum was alive. I can’t remember us as being super-close, but we had Christmas in common. I guess a lot of people reflect this time of year don’t they.
3. I’ve cancelled Birchbox this week, you’ll laugh when you hear why. Aside from the obvious of already having three large TOTE bags full of lotions and potions from many and varied designer counters, I got all ‘eco’ about the boxes they came in and the bit of foam that lined the bottom of each monthly box (which probably cost more to make than the tester-size products they put in it). I went all ‘hippie’ on them and said I was cancelling because I didn’t want to have a recycling guilt trip every time a box arrived. (the old me would have said the tester-size crap from obscure-brands didn’t perform like Clarins or Clinique).
4. Willow’s winter plumage is in full swing now. She looks like that poison-spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park.
5. No mask of the week this week, except I found a tester of a primer I found in one of my sacks of stuff. Benefit’s ‘The Pore-fessional Pearl Power Primer‘ – of course, it’s ridiculously expensive but actually I really like it. But still, nothing’s ever going to replace Clarins ‘Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch‘ (which is even more expensive, ahem). But, a drugstore alternative is the absolutely EPIC, GOSH cosmetics ‘Velvet Touch Foundation Primer‘, which I used for years, I still use it now. Anyways, enough of that. I could go on about cosmetics for daysssss!
6. My wellness 1-0-1 for beginners challenge is in full-swing, I have over fifty participants now, all practicing (I hope!) some or all of the wellness techniques I’ve explained. For more information, visit my Facebook Page. And remember, the wellness journal I released to coincide with this challenge makes a lurvely gift, for New Year especially. That’s when everyone says “Right! lets get this done!”
7. So, what have we achieved in 2018. This is the first time I’ve written down a list of my achievements (or ‘first-time-evers’) this year.
- Feb 2018 Book ‘My Big Fat…Fat’ released
- Worked Feb-June
- Qualified Mindfulness Master Practitioner
- Qualified Life Coaching
- Qualified Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Announced and started second book ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’
- Done seven or eight ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’ video episodes (see my Facebook page!)
- Spoke on a video panel once a week about Self-Esteem and Dieting
- Launched a wellness challenge
- Published a wellness journal
- Worked Dec (into 2019)
- Have paying Life Coaching clients
- Lopped branches off a tree
- Gave up meat
- Learning to cook (real things, with real food)
8. I haven’t even made a plan for 2019. There’s going to be much much more I promise you – how exciting! What are your plans?
9. So I guess all that’s left for me if to say I think you’re all utterly fabulous, and I look forward to reading how your Christmas went! Right, I’m off to find a recipe that includes my very favourite thing.