My Big Fat Blog: As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
1. I have a remote control fan in most rooms. One one particular morning I pick up the remote, point it at my computer screen and start pressing ‘on’.
2. This week I’ve had four teaspoons of chia seeds every single day. I’m very proud. Oh God, has it happened? am I really now a tree-hugging hippie?
3. ‘Stop being a hypocrite Sam, you talk to your plants. And your cats. And yourself.’
4. In another inexplicably rapid leap towards Bridget-Jones-style dippiness, I made a cup of coffee the other day, went back to my laptop, continued writing. Paused for a sip, – and I’d actually made myself a lovely cozy cup of hot water.
5. In an effort to make soaked chia seeds more appealing (than slimy fish eggs), I attempted to soak them in something other than water (no not GIN, get out the gutter). Then I reminded myself that they are SEEDS. Ya can’t ask SEEDS to react to anything other than water. Honestly, just ….can’t.
6. You know you’re old, when you buy 4000-grit sanding paper and some LOPPERS. Then get excited about loppers and all the things you can LOP (and, boy, did I LOP!)
7. Mask of the week this week is late afternoon Autumn sun. Goes on very thoroughly, has some vitamins we need and helps us release happy chemicals. Highly recommended, although not for more than 20 minutes.
“Okay, Google, give me a five minute timer,”
8. You’ll have noticed I’m doing a ‘five minute live’ video every day over on my Facebook page (and haphazardly uploading it here). I hope I haven’t put you off your breakfast. If I have, ‘GOOD!, you shouldn’t be eating THAT for breakfast anyway!’
9. You know you’re old when you replace saying ‘Now, what did I come in here for?’ with ‘Now, what did I stand up for?’
Quote of the week:
How was YOUR week?
About Samantha Dee, Author and Writer
Samantha Dee is the Author of ‘My Big Fat…Fat’ and ‘The Thirty Day Wellness Journal’. Her next book, ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’ is due out soon.
When not writing books and blogging in her comedy lifestyle blog My Big Fat Blog, Samantha uses her twenty year tech career and has written several online courses for business startups.
She lives in Hampshire with her two cats and is still waiting for Gerard Butler to call. Learn more: