My Big Fat Blog: As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
Author Blog: Pigeon Poop & Granola
1. It’s Friday again! That day when you no longer want to take to the streets with a service-grade water cannon to find a traffic warden.
2. Well another birthday passed. I was at the beach again and had birthday cake for breakfast, it was epic. I know you’re frowning but we managed to walk three miles every day for a week as we had my uncle’s dog with us. He is also epic.
3. Getting pigeon poop on your windscreen while you’re driving with the roof down is a whole new experience. Luckily my mouth wasn’t open.
4. For every good thing there’s a pretty shit thing. We all know that. (Note to self: there’s a really shit theme coming through today). Whilst I enjoyed another week of beaches and sun and birthday cake, I’ve come away with some kind of allergic reaction to all that fun. Hands and feet are covered in tiny little pinhead-sized blisters. Again, thanks Universe.
5. The handyman that under-quoted me last week is now messaging me every day to get me to either add to the list of work or back out – I can’t figure out which. If there was an award for beating around the bush, he’d get it, hands down.
6. Mask of the week this week has been SPF-8623 sun cream. All week. Everywhere. And I still managed to burn. Just not cut out for this sun lark.
7. I had my astrological chart done this week, for the year ahead. It was a most excellent, interesting and insightful thing. If you’re curious, head on over to Alysa Bartha at North Star Mystic. Very lovely lady, highly recommended!
8. Once I’ve finished this I’m aiming for at least three thousand words today on my second book, ‘My Big Fat Kitchen’. It will be finished. It will be published early 2020. To warm up I worked on a new recipe yesterday: Pumpkin Seed Granola. It actually turned out great! After that I might write a book about procrastination. Maybe. We’ll see.
9. More Facebook Marketplace fun this week. I had a couple hundred CDs which I wanted to actually give away to a charity or whatnot. Someone asked to make a financial offer on them. “But can you send me photographs of each cover?”
10. Quote of the Week: