My Big Fat Blog: As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
1. My last work contract is finished, so I am having a few weeks orf! No doubt the next one will be in some underground bunker with no windows and a 2ft thick door.
2. Whenever I open a new pack of coffee I HAVE to stick my nose in it.
3. It’s my birthday on Sunday, and I’m hovering around some art as a present for myself. I love Agnes Ceciles watercolors.
4. I’ve tackled another room at Casa Del Hoarding Bitch, this time, the cupboard under the stairs.
- Five coats
- Twenty eight pairs of shoes (over fourteen of which I have N-E-V-E-R worn)
- Nineteen handbags
- About forty five plastic shopping bags I keep promising to give back to the delivery guy but never do
- Seven giant rolls of kitchen paper that I keep buying. Really, I don’t spill enough for that much paper. Anyone would think I’m an epileptic spider.
- Four floor mops. One of these I know I bought because I couldn’t reach the ones already in there
- Two computers.
- Four cat-carriers…. que?
- p.s.: none of this counts the suitcases of shoes and coats I have upstairs…that’s not hoarding (Sane Brain: ‘Yes, yes it is hoarding’)
5. I’m building up to doing some more diet reviews (there are a few in my book) which I will post here. First one is going to be “The Military Diet” (as it’s only three days long!).
6. Simone Giertz’s brain tumor (although she’s fine and recovering) made me sad and very reflective. Her robot-building videos make me laugh until I can’t breathe. Why didn’t Hitler get a brain tumor?
7. I’m currently studying to become a Master Practitioner in Mindfulness. Which is not the airy-fairy-sit-on-a-beanbag kind of course. It’s hard-going – about how the mind works and taking responsibility for who you are right at this moment. This is part of my retirement plan to eventually teach this. Best quote thus far:
‘The only expert in being you, is you.’
8. I’m considering selling this house to be closer to family and have no mortgage. Having a massive house doesn’t make me happy. Having a 1911 massive house means I’m dusting 22 out of 24 hours a fricken day. GODS, this house is dusty.
9. Mask of the week this week is Aromatherapy Associates Hydrating Rose face mask. Its a clear gel which I keep in the fridge. Smells superb (and natural) and is a great thing to slap on when it’s hot, I’ve never read the instructions but I leave mine on, just, forever, or til I next cleanse.
10. I might get another tattoo this week. When I was given up for adoption (at 3mths old) my crib had a little pink framed picture of Mary and Child. I’m not religious but it was the only thing I had with me when I was given up and I still have it now.
11. (oooh, eleven, bonus!) The song stuck in my head this week has been the theme tune to the ‘Penguins of Madagascar’
Honestly, I will never grow up.
OH GOD I’VE LEFT THE LAWN SPRINKLER ON FOR THE LAST FOUR HOURS!
How was YOUR week?
About Samantha Dee, Author and Writer
Samantha Dee is the Author of ‘My Big Fat…Fat’ and ‘The Thirty Day Wellness Journal’. Her next book, ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’ is due out soon.
When not writing books and blogging in her comedy lifestyle blog My Big Fat Blog, Samantha uses her twenty year tech career and has written several online courses for business startups.
She lives in Hampshire with her two cats and is still waiting for Gerard Butler to call. Learn more: