My Big Fat Blog: As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
2. The winds were pretty harsh, requiring some preparation. For some, that was to ride out the storms in a caravan, near a cliff. What could go wrong?
3. Almost completed the course I’m doing about living mindfully. During which time I managed to overpay my VAT return by over a grand. Wow, that was mindless of me.
4. I’ve lost another five pounds (in the last few weeks) just by completely NOT thinking about food/diets/weight-loss. I just eat when I’m hungry, and don’t when I’m not. This article appears to have put a label onto what I’ve been unconsciously doing. Labels are like comfort blankets, aren’t they?
5. Mask of the week this week is a bit of an expensive one. Clinique’s ‘Turnaround Instant Facial’. It’s a mask-slash-scrub (with super super super fine ‘bits’). Put it on as a mask first, then add water and massage/rinse. Listen, I don’t know what’s in this but it leaves my skin feeling spondalicious (nope, don’t know if that’s a word). Used it for years. Definitely treat-worthy!
6. With Autumn/Winter just about here or on it’s way, I’m thinking about jumpers (what we in the UK call sweaters – learn something new every day, I always say). When I say ‘thinking about’, I mean spending three hours pondering whether I’m brave enough to wear this color.
7. I have homework on this Mindfulness course I’m doing. I basically have to practice on real people. So, if you’re up for being a lab rat (with ‘an issue’) and have video-skype-zoom-google – then get in touch. Free therapy! I promise not to turn you into Hannibal Lector.
8. I failed to mention another hairdressing disaster this year (where the owner of the salon decided to argue with me about my complain rather than help. It’s a dull story, but I’m now considering coloring my own hair. I’ll let you know how that goes……
9. Things you didn’t know about me #26532: I really REALLY love untangling old necklaces. So when I came across this video on YouTube, I spontaneously combusted. Oh my god, if someone bought me one of those, I’d disappear for DAYS!
Quote of the week:
How was YOUR week?
About Samantha Dee, Author and Writer
Samantha Dee is the Author of ‘My Big Fat…Fat‘ and ‘The Thirty Day Wellness Journal’. Her next book, ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’ is due out soon.
When not writing books and blogging in her comedy lifestyle blog My Big Fat Blog, Samantha uses her twenty year tech career and has written several online courses for business startups.
She lives in Hampshire with her two cats and is still waiting for Gerard Butler to call.