My Big Fat Blog: As usual my luvlies, here’s how my week went, in no particular order:
1. Ridiculous song stuck in my head #234 ‘‘The Benny Hill’ theme….You’re welcome.
2. This weeks topic on the ‘Ditch the Diet’ panel I speak on was “Mental Strength” – although my inner dialog was my ‘crazy bush-woman’ hair. You decide…
3. Somehow the planets aligned and I managed to get an interview for a job TEN MINUTES walk away from my house. I mean, I’ve never been able to do that. Not since primary school! I wonder if I’ll be able to grab an errant shopping cart and give someone a ride in it. I mean, that’s what we-. Oh, yeah, Come one Sam, I’m nearly FIFTY.
4. It’s now thirty three days until the first day of spring. I’ve just about switched off my heating and even put away most of the arctic-expedition socks I’ve been sporting. I’ve kept one pair as I’ve discovered I can polish my floors by ‘socks-skiing’ around the house. #LifeGoals
5. My sleep pattern has been a bit buggered this week. Which basically means that I’ve been waking up at 2am and by 3.30am I’m doing something utterly ridiculous, like making graphics. Ever get days like that?
6. Again no ‘mask of the week’ this week. I should though because my skin is as dry as a dragon that inner-burped and roasted himself from the inside out. But you know, I remain optimistic. I’ts just a spring-shedding. You know, like a grizzly bear does.
8. Speaking of spring, it’s my absolute mission this year to get a great lawn chair and ACTUALLY FALL ASLEEP in my garden. I’m doing it this year. Mark my words. I’m putting the chair right over th-…’oh now that plant needs a haircut.’
9. So I may have a new job, a new face of skin, and a new lawn chair pretty soon. I’d say that’s a decent week, wouldn’t you?
Quote of the week:
How was YOUR week?
About Samantha Dee, Author and Writer
Samantha Dee is the Author of ‘My Big Fat…Fat‘ and ‘The Thirty Day Wellness Journal’. Her next book, ‘My Big Fat…Kitchen’ is due out soon.
When not writing books and blogging in her comedy lifestyle blog My Big Fat Blog, Samantha uses her twenty year tech career and has written several online courses for business startups.
She lives in Hampshire with her two cats and is still waiting for Gerard Butler to call.