As usual my luvlies, in no particular order:
1. Ridiculous tune stuck in my head #935: the theme from ‘Penguins of Madagascar…
2. This weeks topic on the panel I speak on was “Physical Strength” – which turned out to be a very interesting conversation about the evolution of exercise, (‘craze’,’drudgery’,’abject hatred’). At this point we decide to do something we actually like doing, like gardening, or dancing with the pets.
3. Am still working on spring cleaning the first room in my house. The first task, was to sort out three tote bags worth of lotions, potions and general women’s alchemy. I’ve discovered I still have an ailment commonly known as ‘living in hotels syndrome‘ where I have at least three of everything. I did come out of the pile with a garbage bag full of crap I don’t need. Found some really odd stuff in my makeup bag…
4. This weekend I’ll be displaying my legendary kitchen skills in My Big Fat…Kitchen – the gang have voted for Raspberry-Apple Crumble, which I’m kinda pleased about. Only right after I will have to call family to come eat it. Otherwise, you know, I will.
5. This morning I’m exercising my pessimism bone, a bit. I had a job interview last week at a place literally ten minutes walk from my house. I dunno, I’ve just got vibes that I’m going to get turned down. Must put my positive pants on.
6. Oh my god, my new obsession is SALSA (the food, not the fricken dance. Really?). I’ve saved the label off the last pot I bought so I can make it myself. Can’t be that hard, right?
7. The two terrors are due their monthly medicine. I have to stealth treat them now which is mean I know. Wait til they’re on my lap before I squirt this vile stuff on their neck. Hey listen, it’s whatever works in this house.
8. Next weeks OCD is to look up a hundred uses for essential oils. Don’t ask me why. Yes, I’m that old.
9. Spring is definitely springing. I almost got my gardening shoes out. Like I almost found a matching pair of gardening gloves. And almost finished getting through my laundry pile. Oh, the rock ‘n’ roll life for me.
10. Grasshopper quote of the week: